Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 1

Today I am thankful for the men and women who serve our country in the armed forces.

I was reminded of this a couple of times today. First, when I listened to this broadcast of Radio West in the car as I was running errands, and again when my husband had the world series on and during the 7th inning stretch they paused and sang "God Bless America" as a tribute to those who serve.

Most days I take it for granted. I don't have any loved ones or anyone close to me who serves in the military, so don't often think about all they do. But I am so thankful for the many sacrifices they make, not only physically but mentally and emotionally as well. Many of them give up so much - even their lives - to serve and protect us. I'm also so grateful for the families of those who serve and for all they sacrifice as well.
_________________________________

On another note, as I'm starting this project today I don't really know where I'll go with it. I would like to have something tangible by the time I'm done, but for now I'm just going to record my thoughts here and come up with something as I go along.

xoxo,

No comments: