Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Just For Me



Of course all my pages are just for me, but it's been a while since I just scrapbooked without a specific kit/designer in mind or for a particular challenge... no constraints. I used products I love and it's probably as close to what I'd call "my style" as it gets. Here's the story:

"we were anxious and excited as we started our journey in philadelphia in the fall of 2004. these other families became our instant friends and "philly family". the guys carpooled and spent their days at school together, studying and surviving each exam. the girls worked and had babies and spent a lot of time together for play dates and girls nights, supporting each other and trying to stay sane. four years seemed like a long time, but looking back it was but a moment. two months out and I am missing so many things about our dental school/philadelphia experience. I miss these wonderful friends we made who mean so much to us, and the wonderful times we had bonding through our shared experience. during out time in philly I grew more than I ever have before. I became a mother and I was tested in strengthened in many ways. I'll always have many fond memories of that place and time."

The main thing I love about this page is that I'm just telling my story. To me that's the most important aspect of scrapbooking, and I'm constantly having to remind myself of that. It's easy to get caught up in the wonderful product and the different scrapbooking trends out there... which are fun, but I always want to make sure my story is there first before I focus on how "cute" something is, ya know? I really liked this post that reminded me yet again of that fact. But enough rambling! TTFN!

{notebook & red paper, stitches, felt flowers, alpha, brackets, wordstrips, tree&leaves, acrylic flower & pear, from Emily Powers "Blossom" kit, felt branch & birds by Tiff Brady, clip & label by GG Digital Designs, "Paulhino Pedra Azul" font}

2 comments:

Teri said...

Love it! And I love the story with it. I've read a lot lately about making sure you tell the story of your pictures so that is what I'm trying to do more. Thanks for the example...and for the fun 4 yrs together in Philly!

kms handmade said...

These are nice pages (even if that's not the point!) :) Thanks for sharing that other post. I try to include journaling in my pages because I, like you, want to tell the story of the times... Nice!