Monday, August 29, 2011

Addicted to Templates

I've gotten a lot of scrapping done lately! WOOHOO! I was starting to feel like I was only accomplishing layouts for my creative teams - which is great - but I had really been wanting to use some of the other fun kits I've collected and get more of our stories told. By using templates, it really helped me speed up the process. Plus, I really like trying on different scrapping styles.

These first three layouts were created using templates by Scrapping with Liz. I love her stuff because it usually features medium/big spots for photos, and usually room for more than one photo, while still offering lots of room to embellish. She's definitely one of my favorite template designers.


{papers & elements from "Silly Silly Bo Billy" kit by Jady Day Studio; Myriad Pro font}


{paper and elements from Hugging and Loving kit by Laura Banasiak; alpha from Sweet Caroline kit by Meredith Cardall}


{paper and elements from Apple Jacks kit by Lyndsay Riches; Myriad Pro font}

This one was created with a template by Dunia Designs. (Yes, I am on her creative team, but the kit I used is from a different designer.) I loved the option for so many photos. In the center of the original template was a cutout of the year 2010, but I just deleted that layer and put my title there instead.


{paper and elements from A Monster of a Day kit by Band Geek Designs; Rough Typewriter font}

This last one is by Zinnias and Swallowtails (aka Sara Gleason). I really like her layering style with lots of space. It makes for a very clean look, which I'm always drawn to, but it's a style that I'm not that good at recreating myself. So a template is perfect for me.


{paper and elements from Techno Girl kit by Pixel Gypsy; Century Gothic and Luna fonts}

Do you use templates? What's your favorite source for templates? Not sure what a template is? Here's a good video tutorial. Here's to creating more layouts!

xoxo,

No comments: