Saturday, September 10, 2011

Behind the Pages

I've been thinking about some better ways to go about posting on this blog, even questioning why I keep posting here. I'm not trying to sell or market anything... I'm not really a part of the whole "blogging" world in that I don't really follow a lot of other blogs or get involved in any sort of blogging community... and as I thought about it, it just comes down to this: I love scrapbooking. I'd like to share that love and passion with others, and hey, maybe it'll even inspire someone.

I'm not one to spend a lot of my time writing up tutorials or making videos... I just don't have that kind of time! Honestly, I'd rather just be scrapping. :) But instead of just posting my layouts like I usually do, I've decided to add a little blub with each of them explaining the "why" and "how" behind them. Just a peek into my thought processes, the trends I like, and products I use... basically how these layouts came to be! How I scrap. So here we go...

As soon as I saw this silly, monster-themed kit by Dunia, I knew exactly which photos I wanted to use. I captured these last month and I just think they are priceless. So much so that I had to blow it up to take up half the page! I'm really loving that look lately.


{created with Some Kind of Monster kit by Dunia Designs; MTF Playtime font}

I did a similar design for this layout of my son learning to ride a bike. This layout was actually done for a speed scrap at Scrap Orchard - they call it their Make It Snappy or MIS challenge - and it was a lot of fun. I had never done a speed scrap there and wasn't sure I'd like it but I ended up LOVING it. One hour, six directions, and you get a fun prize if you finish and upload your layout in the hour following.


{created with I'm Outta Here kit by Captivated Visions; Problem Secretary Normal font}

This layout was born out of feelings I have about my daughter, and it felt really good to get it out on a page! Man I love this girl so much, but she has been a difficult little thing... I really liked the idea of using a soft and sweet kit to illustrate how adorable she really is, but adding the little scribbles and relying on the words to express my frustration.


{papers and elements with The Sweet Life kit by Faith True; scribbles from Milkshake Scribbly Splatters by Laura Banasiak; stitching from Stitch Hiccups 1 by SuzyQ Scraps; MTF Playtime, Pea Hayley Jo, and Slab Tall X fonts}

This family layout was done for the MSA Newsletter challenge. I think this Dani Mogstad kit is so scrumptious! The challenge was to scrap a family photo which worked well because we had family photos taken last year but I've never scrapped them. I was really inspired by all of the beautiful wordart in the kit, so I put most of it on there to sort of look like a photo wall. This kit is perfect for fall, too.


{papers and elements from Birds of a Feather kit by Dani Mogstad; Love Ya Like a Sister font}

Hope you enjoyed the little peek into my brain and the inspiration for these layouts! Thanks for stopping by, and happy scrapping. :)

xoxo,

No comments: