Thursday, May 27, 2010

Teacher's Gifts

I wanted to share a couple of cute teacher gift ideas I've done using photoshop and my digi scrap supplies. I apologize first of all because the photos are not that great, and second because I know this is just a little to late to take advantage of for this school year. But, being the procrastinator that I am, I didn't get these gifts done until the last minute possible - and of course I have waited a few days before even uploading these photos and getting this posted. But I wanted to share anyway. :)

This first one I actually made for my son's teacher as a Christmas gift, but forgot to blog about it at the time. I found this idea and quote here. It says, "A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." To create the label in photoshop, I first measured the width (diameter) and height of the candle, then created a new document using those dimensions. I also printed out the cute apple to go on top. I used Mod Podge to adhere the labels, and added some ribbon around the rim.




{stripe paper from "Echos of Asia" kit by Jessica Sprague; alphabet paper from "School 101" kit by Leora Sanford; ricrac and apple from "The Sky is Falling" kit by Krystal Hartley; label from "Cosmo Chic" kit by Michelle Coleman; "Century Gothic" font}

This was the gift I made for the same teacher for the last day of school as a thank you. I found this cute paint can made of clear plastic at the local craft store. I then used photoshop to create the insert and topper for the lid; again just by measuring the can and opening a new document in photoshop using the dimensions.



Inside the can, I added a gift certificate to a local teacher supply store as well as this poem and the coordinating candy bars:

Throughout the school year you have been a Lifesaver,
And that’s nothing to Snicker about.
So while the paydays are probably not 100 Grand
It’s time for you to Take 5 and rest your Whatchamacallit.
Thank you for all you do, and whether you go across the country
or down to 5th avenue, we hope your summer is extra special!



Added some colorful ribbon and voila! It turned out really cute.


{everything from "School Rules" kit by Something Blue Studios; "Pea Missy" font}


xoxo,

1 comment:

kms handmade said...

What a cute idea!!!!!!!! I have made gift tins out of washed out tin cans - veggies, pasta sauce, etc. I LOVE the candy poem!!!! My dd is still in school 2 more weeks, but I don't think I can get all those candies here..... But I'm certainly going to look!