Saturday, January 7, 2012

2011 Stats & 2012 Goals

2011 Stats

I was curious just how much scrapbooking I've done over that past year, so I started digging through my folders and counting things up. I'm pretty sure I've scrapped more this year than ever before. In 2011 I scrapped a grand total of 201 layouts or projects. (I'm including things like home decor projects or printable things I created in photoshop using my digital supplies as well.) Here's how it breaks down:

31 pages for Disneyland album (which I still need to share here on my blog)
51 pages for my Project: Love, Me album
20 hybrid/printable/decor things
99 "regular" layouts

Some of my favorites...


{created with Singin' in the Rain kit by Jenna Desai and Jacque Larsen; Pea Hayley Jo font}


{created with He Said, She Said collab by Lauren Reid and Sugarplum Paperie; 1942 Report font}


{created with "Dino-RAWR 2" kit and "Heart to Heart" kit by SuzyQ Scraps; "Quicksand" font}


{alpha from A Year in Review kit by Captivated Visions and SuzyQ Scraps; acrylic clouds from EarthWings by Julie Marie; journaling cloud from Sunshine 'n Showers kit by Happy Scrap Girl and Designs by Tater; everything else from Spring Field Trip by Clever Monkey Graphics; Pea Sarah's Skittles font}


{created with Bookmarked kit by The Tattered Pear; Franklin Gothic Book font}


{created with Come As You Are kit by Dunia Designs (no longer available); photo mask by Jenn Lindsay (no longer available); Pea Hayley Jo font}


{created with My Life, My Journey collab kit from The Daily Digi, with goodies from: JennCK, Jenn Barrette, Allison Pennington, Micheline Martin, Sabrina's Creations, Dianne Rigdon, Pamela Donnis, Katie the Scrapbook Lady, Connie Prince; PhoenixScript and Quicksand fonts}


{black & white papers from Halloween Papers by Jenna Desai; Candy Alpha by Jenna Desai; other paper & elements from 31 Wicked Way collab by Jenna Desai and Jacque Larsen; 1942 Report font}


{created with Now I Wanna Be A Good Boy kit by Dunia Designs; Stamp Act and Pea Sugar Noodles fonts}


{everything from Innocence kit by Wild Blueberry Ink; Perpetua and Callie Hand fonts}


{everything from Birds of a Feather kit by Dani Mogstad; Callie Hand font}


{duck from Bathtime Baby kit by GG Digital Desigsns; MTF Jotted, Smiley Monster, Rickels, and Pass the Chex fonts}


{heart shape by Michelle Coleman; DingMaps font}


{everything from iCreate kit by SuzyQ Scraps and Ziggle Designs; The Other Twin font}

2012 Goals

2011 was a great year! Going forward I want to keep the momentum I've had and simply keep creating. That is my main goal... and yes, a very broad one. I don't really want to give myself a lot of specific parameters because I feel like that might set me up for failure. I know a lot of people are doing project-based scrapbooking, such as Project Life (paper or digital), photo-a-day projects such as Project 365 or even Project 52, or something like Project: Love, Me. And while I really love the idea of them, I know that the time investment and rigidity of something like that isn't really what I want.

I have been casually taking pictures, usually one per day, on my phone. I'm toying with the idea of keeping that up and throwing them together into a layout each week or so. Which sounds exactly like Project 365, which I just said I wasn't doing, but maybe I am? I guess I just don't want to say I am because I don't want the commitment of keeping it up if I'm not feeling it. Sometimes what frustrates me about projects like this is that I miss a day (or week, or month...) and then I feel like I've failed. So I'm not giving myself any restrictions, whatever I end up doing is going to be fine and something is better than nothing. I also purchased these Paper Blocks 52 templates which I think will be really fun and helpful in scrapping these... if I do keep up with it ;)

As far as other scrapbooking goes, I have a few other specific things I'd like to do:

1. Finish Miles baby book (mostly just photos, with less journaling & embellisments)
2. Take more self-portraits and scrap them (I find myself missing a lot in our family scrapbooks)
3. Stay on top of my creative teams and produce quality layouts for them
4. Finish the December/Christmas 2011 album I started

And, overall, just keep scrapping! Which shouldn't be too hard as it's one of my favorite things to do. :) Here's to lots of layouts and happy scrapping in 2012!

xoxo,

No comments: