Sunday, August 22, 2010

Butterfly Mobile

Guess what? I just had a baby :) Which is why I haven't been posting (or scrapbooking) as much. I now have a sweet baby girl named Violet, who I've been snuggling as much as possible. But before she arrived, I made this butterfly mobile to hang above her crib:







This was super easy to make, and of course I used photoshop and my stash of digital papers to do it. First off, I used the custom shape tool and selected two different butterfly shapes from the list of custom shapes. I used an 8.5x11 document to place my butterfly shapes like so:




Then I picked some of my favorite bright pattern papers, and "clipped" them to the butterflies using a clipping mask. I made sure to create two of each, so that I could glue them back to back. After printing and cutting the butterflies, I took two wooden skewers, some colorful ribbon, and glue to finish it.



What do you think? *sigh* I love photoshop! Like I said, this was so easy to do. Oh... and you can go here to see my inspiration for this project.

xoxo,

2 comments:

kms handmade said...

Very pretty! Congrats on the baby girl!!

WhiteRacoon said...

Very cute and bright! =)