Friday, April 11, 2008

Template Scrapping

Last night I made this layout...



Using this template:



I think I've mentioned templates before, but if you don't know about then you should. Template scrapping is becoming super popular and it's great when you are feeling less than creative, or you just want to get it done fast. Layered templates come in .psd form, which makes them different than just a sketch. I'm not just copying the layout, but each part of the template is on a separate layer, which means I can place the pictures, papers, and elements I want to show on each individual layer and make a clipping mask (ctrl+G). It's SUPER easy. To read more about how to do this go here or here.

The other good news is there are tons of great templates out there, many for free. Here's a few links for ya:

The template I used (seen above)

M Originals

The Digi Chick weekly template challenge

Ikea Goddess - she posts links to several free templates every day

Go get some templates and get scrapping! :)

{template from Digital Scrapbook Memories, flowers and papers from DSM's Mood CD "Playful" kit, "Myriad Pro" and "HVD Comic Serif" fonts}

No comments: