Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Project Life 2014: Week 13

When I saw all the beautiful products in the April Company Stash at Pixels & Company, I knew I wanted to use them for a Project Life spread. I love the soft, springy feel of this stash - but my photos don't generally have that soft feel to them. Enter RadLab! I use RadLab on nearly every photo I scrapbook, and for this spread I applied a faded photo effect to the pictures to give them the soft, springy feel that would match the products.  I really love the results.

{click image to view larger}
created with April 2014 Co. Stash items at P&Co:Renewal Journal cards, Renewal paper pieces, Renewal paint brushes by Laura Passage; Sunshiney Spring paper pack and sticker elements by Kelleigh Ratzlaff; Playful Spring Spots by Amber Morrison; Softly Spring journal cards by Amber Shaw; Springtime tapes by Anita Designs; Shabby Stacked flowers and Honeycomb Stitches by Mommyish;Everyday Life templates vol. 1 by Laura Passage


Other things I'm loving about this project:

-I'm staying on top of it!! I usually have my spread completed a day or two after the week finishes up.
-Not feeling too pressured to document everything. Some weeks I have a lot more photos than this, and not everything makes it onto the spread.  But I'm okay with that - in the end it's more about documenting little snippets of life, not documenting EVERY snippet.
-I really like mixing black and white with color photos.
-layering the current week over a photo in the top left corner
-using the same page design each week - really keeps things simple for me
-one card devoted to journaling (usually the top row, second pocket over)

Thanks for taking a look!

p.s. for some reason, blogger is making this spread look a lot darker than it really is. You can view it in my flickr gallery for a more accurate representation.

No comments: