Sunday, December 8, 2013

Layouts | Week of December 1-7

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm attempting a December album for the first time ever. Originally I thought I'd just play it by ear and not worry about the daily aspect, but rather just document the Christmas-y happenings around here.  BUT then I won this really awesome activity advent calendar {Very Merry Advent} - totally worth checking out, even though we're well into December. We're loving it so far! Because of the Very Merry Advent we have at least one holiday related activity each day, so it just makes sense to scrap about something each day.  Plus our elf Fritz is always hiding somewhere new each day so we've got holiday magic practically 24/7! I decided to go with a pocket style format to simplify the design, and I'm not too hung up if I'm a day or two behind documenting.  Also, I'm not going to stick to a page a day or anything - some days will be a full page, others will only take up a couple of pockets. Going for simplicity and flexibility so I can actually end the month with a completed project. (Fingers crossed!)  Here's what I've got so far:





These pages created with the following products: Stitched Grids by Amy Martin; Santa's Workshop kit by
Sahlin Studio; Hello December papers and elements by Laurie-Ann; Bloomin' Pointy by Kim Jensen; Counting the Days Vellum by Pink Reptile Designs; Christmas Past by Polka Dot Pixels; Merry Month by Amy Wolff; Joyeux cards by Allison Pennington; Christmas  Whimsy by Little Dreamer Designs; Merry Christmas by Persnickety Prints; Century Gothic font

I've got a few other pages to share. This one was created a few weeks ago for the Digi Morph game that just wrapped up at Pixels & Co. Ali Edwards did a post on her blog a while ago featuring 10 things about her kids right now, so I took the opportunity back in October to do the same for each of my kids, and recorded them on our private family blog. I'll eventually create a page for each of them using the journaling and photos I took of them in October. 

created with In Good Company collab kit by the Pixels and Company designers


This one is for the December template challenge at My Scrapbook Art (freebie alert!):

created with Fuss Free: My Scrapbook Art Template 4 by Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs;
Of Wishes, Dreams, and Happily Ever Afters by Stolen Moments

And just for fun, a sweet photo from the summer before last:

created with Childhood kit by Mye de Leon and Anita Designs
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: