Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Revisions

The other day I was listening to NPR and someone mentioned the famous quote, "Art is never finished, only abandoned" by Leonardo Da Vinci. I have been thinking lately how true that is for me with my scrapbook layouts... not that I think they are major works of art, but that I never really feel finished with one, I just decide to quit working it. Often I'm not completely happy with the end result but just don't know what else to do with it and so I abandon it. I have the general rule that the story is more important than anything else so I don't get too hung up on it, but I went back and made some revisions to two of my recent layouts...





... and although I think I like them better this way, I still don't get that feeling that they are "finished". I guess Leonardo was right!

xoxo,


{"Peekaboo": acrylic alpha & stars by Meredith Fenwick; everything else from Digital Scrapbook Memories; "Harting" font}

{"Three Things": white paper by ScrapKuts; scallop pattern paper by Rhonna Farrer; everything else from Digital Scrapbook Memories; "Taylor_MacKenzie" & "Slab Tall Medium" fonts}

1 comment:

DottieLou said...

the peek a boo page looks much better... good job I would call it finished