Friday, November 21, 2014

Christmas is coming...

Hi there! We're just a few weeks away from Christmas, and new products are already hitting the shelves. Over at The Lilypad, the Document Your December (DYD) products were just released and I had some fun playing around with them.  First off, I made a page using new goodies from Just Jaimee, Stolen Moments, and Quirky Heart.  This layout features a photo I took last Christmas of my daughter in the glow of the Christmas tree, pure magic.

scraplift of The Crazies, a Princess, and Me by joelsgirl: http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=59952&title=the-crazies-2c-a-princess-26amp-3b-me&cat=667
created with Bling Alpha, Bling Bits, and Gesso Paint Bits by Just Jaimee; Merry Holiday Papers by Stolen Moments Design;  Jolly Junque 2 by Quirky Heart

And then I got crazy. That's right, I fired up the printer, pulled out my scissors and created this really fun Christmas Stocking Advent. A few years ago I saw this idea and I thought it was such a fun way to do an advent. I purchased 12 different pairs of socks and split them up. I hung them from a string with clothespins. This year I added the numbers by Stolen Moments which was so quick and easy, I just adhered them with good ol' scotch tape. Each day will have a small treat or a slip of paper with an activity that we'll do that day. So excited for this, and I love how it turned out with these numbers!

created with Coutndown Cards by Stolen Moments Design

I'm usually not a huge fan of Christmas things before Thanksgiving, but working with the new DYD stuff has really got me in the Holiday spirit.  I'm hoping to create some more magic with these products before the season is over. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: