Monday, October 18, 2010

Halloween Hybrid

I wanted to add to my Halloween decor this year, so I came up with a couple of new items using my digital scrapbooking stash. First off was this super easy "spooky scene":


{created with "In the Graveyard" kit by SuzyQ Scraps & DeCrow Designs; "Firefly Castle" font}

On the left is how it looked before printing, and the final product is on the right. I just used a fun Halloween kit - "In the Graveyard" by SuzyQ Scraps & DeCrow Designs - to create a haunted graveyard scene. I had an extra 8x10 frame so I made it on an 8x10 canvas, printed at Costco, and popped it in the frame.

I also made this fun banner:


{orange dot paper "Happy Spring Paper Pack" by Crystal Wilkerson; black paper from "Happy Halloween" freebie by Michelle Coleman; stripe paper from "Funky Fall" kit by Amanda Heimann & Kelley Mickus; green paper from "12 Days of Christmas" freebie by Julia Makotinsky; newsprint paper from "Lovey Dovey" freebie by Faith True; black glitter paper from "Tangerine Twist" kit by Flergs; "Gungsuh" font}

I was inspired by this banner and this banner I saw at The Crafting Chicks. So cute! I made the shapes in Photoshop, then selected pattern papers with Halloween colors to clip to the shapes. I used a font for the letters and just clipped a black glitter paper to them to give them a little more dimension. After printing & cutting, I simply stapled them to a ribbon and tied it to my leaf garland.





I love it, it adds a lot to the mantle display! Happy Halloween!

xoxo,

No comments: