Friday, May 29, 2009

Speed Scrap

The retreat! This is me, finally getting to it... well, the first night of it, anyway. I think I'll have to take this thing in shifts, as I don't have much time right now. But checked in late Thursday afternoon and the bonus classes started that night. Alisha hosted a very fun speed scrap. If you haven't ever done one, I suggest you try it. I did four layouts in one night!


{papers and flowers from DSM's "Moods" CD, "Sassy" kit; ack! can't remember where the staples are from; "Impact" and "Everytime I Miss You" fonts}

She would tell us something, like "pick a photo and crop it to a circle" and then set the timer for 2 minutes or so before moving on to the next instruction. I think each layout was timed for 20 minutes.


{everything from DSM's "Flower Patch" CD; "Civilian", "Jailbird Jenna", and "Pea Bonnie Script" fonts}

I have to be honest and say that none of these were completely finished in the alloted time - I touched them all up later that night in the hotel room - but the foundations were there and they were "almost" done.


{everything from DSM's "Playground" CD, "Riley's Sandbox" kit; "Problem Secretary Normal" and "Larger Mime" fonts}

The other bonus of the speed scrap is that I was able to scrap some memories I've been wanting to do for a while, but just didn't have the inspiration yet. So having here specific instructions, combined with the time constraints, was just what I need to get them DONE.


{everything from DSM's "Family Ties" CD; "Heritage" kit; "Century Gothic", "Jailbird Jenna", and "Jane Austen" fonts}

More to come...

xoxo,

No comments: