Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Going Hybrid

I haven't created a whole lot of layouts lately; instead I've been using my digital scrapbooking supplies to make some fun things for my kids. First off were these money banks:



I wanted to help them learn about saving, spending, and paying tithing to our church. I bought these cheap little plastic containers and custom made the labels for them. I just cut them out and adhered them using a little Mod Podge. I think they turned out pretty cute! Here's what each file looked like before printing, it was easy to simply change the text and the little animal in photoshop.


{blue paper from "Renewal" kit by Michelle Coleman; graph paper from "Vintage Dreams Retro" collab kit from Little Dreamer Designs; sun from "Happy Day" kit by Erin's Dreams; grass from "Naturally" kit by Bren Boone; clouds from "Funky Nature" kit by Tara Dunstan; stars from "School Rules" kit by Something Blue Studios; felt animals freebie by Pamela Donnis; green string from "Olympic Dreams" kit by SuzyQ Scraps; "Jailbird Jenna" and "Pea Times New Camelion" fonts}

I also made them chore charts. I am amazed at how much they love these! I wonder how long that will last... I probably just jinxed it, but they love to mark off their jobs each day. I used the Happy Helpers kit from GG Digital Designs, along with a few other random elements to create these. I just printed them, had them laminated, and attached a dry erase marker using sticky velcro.



Here's a closer look:


{books from "School Rules" kit by Something Blue Studios; truck from "Zoom Zoom Zoom" collab kit by Kelley Mickus; moon & star from "Rock-A-Bye Baby" kit by GG Digital Designs; toothbrush from "Day at the Dentist" by Twin Mom Scraps; shoe from "Rougin' It" kit by SuzyQ Scraps; everything else from "Happy Helpers" kit by GG Digital Designs; "Smiley Monster" font}

And finally, our summer fun list. At the beginning of the summer we sat down as a family and wrote down some of the fun things we wanted to do this summer. Originally it was just a sheet of notebook paper stuck on the fridge, so I decided to make it a little prettier. :) Again, I had it laminated so that the kids could check off the activities as we do them.


{everything from "Going Green" collab kit by SuzyQ Scraps and Amanda Heimann; "Pea Missy with a Marker" and "Smiley Monster" fonts}

xoxo,

No comments: