Thursday, October 15, 2009

Recent Layouts + Quick Tip

It's been a while! My computer has been out of commission with a virus, my family and I had a nice week-long vacation, and then came home and hosted visitors, so... I haven't done a whole lot of scrapbooking lately. However, being a part of Kelley's creative team always keeps me going, at least somewhat ;) Her latest kits have been a lot of fun to create with.

This layout was done with her "Happiness" kit, which you can only get with a gold membership at DigiShopTalk.


{everything from "Happiness" by Kelley Mickus; Pea Hannah Vanilla font}

This one was done with her latest release (new today in the shop at The Digi Chick) called "Family." It's a collab kit with Danielle Young.


{everything from "Family" by Kelley Mickus and Danielle Young; "Ecolier Court" font}

This one was done with "Beginnings". It was released a few weeks ago, but I didn't get a chance to do anything with it until now. I love Kelley's stuff!


{everything from "Begininngs" by Kelley Mickus; "Quicksand" and "Paulhino Pedra Azul" fonts}

Here's a handy tip, courtesy of April at Digital Scrapbook Memories: you don't have reinvent the wheel every time you create a layout. Just copy one of your old favorites! In fact, if you save your .psd files, it's really easy to just open one up and use clipping masks to clip new photos and papers over the originals. I did this with the "goodbye summer" layout using this old "let it snow" layout as my guide. Quick and easy!



As you can tell, I did change it up just a bit, but that's the beauty of using a layered .psd file: it's super easy to move things around so it fits your specific needs. Try it sometime!

xoxo,

No comments: