Thursday, July 9, 2009

Two Page "How To"

I love a two page layout when I'm scrapbooking a lot of photos. I usually do these for big event pages, like holiday gatherings or birthdays. To make this in photoshop, I start by opening a new canvas that is 24x12 inches. Then I put it all together, always making sure that I don't put someone's face or important journaling right in the center, where the page will be cut.



Before printing, I actually crop and save it into two separate pages. I select my crop tool and set it to 12x12 inches, the size of one page. I click and drag from the top left corner, and hit enter to crop. Then I save it, usually giving it a name and then the number 1 (in this case my file name was celebrate_independence1). After the left side has been saved with the new name, I then go Edit>Undo (or hit Ctrl+z... love those keyboard shortcuts) so that my whole layout is showing again. I repeat the cropping process but this time click and drag from the top right corner, so that I can save the right half of my page. I name this one the layout title with the number 2 and save it. This way, I can have them printed separately and I don't have to worry about doing a huge print or trying to cut it myself. Here's a look at the cropped versions:




{background paper from "Color My World" freebie by Krystal Hartley; cloud/bird labels from "Tweet Tweet" freebie by RetroDiva Designs; "celebrate" wordart from MSA Birthday collab kit by Dianne Rigdon; cardboard arrow&button from "April Morning" freebie by Miss Mint; red alpha from "Enjoy the Journey" by Dirty Feet Designs; glitter stars from "America Kit" by Redju Designs; blue journaling block from MSA Birthday collab kit by Emily Merritt; "Father Nelson" and "Pea Righton" fonts}

I also recolored some of the elements on this page, so look for a post coming soon about that!

xoxo,

2 comments:

Suzanna said...

Thanks for the tips! I've always wanted to try doing a double page like that but I've been nervous about how it would turn out. Your page looks great! I'll definitely have to try it.

karibates said...

Woo woo! I love it - those are some dang cute kids hanging out with your little cuties!